- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve working conditions.
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short- and long-term strategic safety planning and development.
- Establish objectives and targets relevant to company’s health and safety system performance.
Ensuring Safe Work
- Ensure that employees are using personal safety gear while carrying out maintenance operations.
- Ensure that general safety and good housekeeping practices are followed across the building facilities, offices, and canteen.
- Coordinate all safety requirements at the building and ensure availability of sufficient safety items and signboards in the plant.
- Prepare and communicate internal audit plans and schedules.
- Perform health and safety audits and inspect facilities, engines, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure the compliance of safety regulation.
- Assist the purchase staff in procurement of safety items.
- Order and maintain facility safety inventory including supplies and equipment.
Fire Fighting Equipment
- Ensure that fire extinguishers are available at adequate locations.
- Ensure that fire extinguishers are inspected at appropriate time intervals.
- Ensure the operation of firefighting systems and related auxiliaries like water pumps, fire alarms, etc.
- Provide new employees with a comprehensive orientation by conducting awareness HSE session.
- Identify potential emergency situations and establish appropriate procedures
- Periodically conduct emergency incident and fire drills.
- Inspect building engines, equipment, vehicles, etc. from safety point of view and take corrective actions or suggest modifications in order to prevent loss or damage.
- Investigate accidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities.
- Reporting the results of incident investigations to management.
- Maintain and update the SOPs’ for all safe work practices and equipment.
- Maintain all the inspection, incidents and other health and safety related record
NEBOSH, Industrial Safety, Safety Training Programs, Safety Practices, Safety Required Skills
Safety Engineering, Environment Health Safety Management, Industrial Safety, Safety Training Programs, Fire Safety Management, Safety Administration