Plan, mange, or coordinate purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services. Manage logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
1. Ensure Materials Availability in all regions
2. Ensure optimal ordering quantity
3. Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective and efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
4. Direct inbound and outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, and logistics quality management.
5. Plan and implement material flow management systems to meet business requirements.
6. Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
7. Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes and mixes, and carriers.
8. Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems and processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, and shipping.
9. Create policies and procedures for logistics activities.
10. Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs and services.
11. Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
12. Ensure carrier compliance with company policies and procedures for product transit and delivery
13. Manage verification of inventory computations, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
14. Manage maintenance of supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Mathematics — Knowledge of calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Cost consciousness - Awareness of material cost and logistics tools and inventory
Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Time Management — managing one's own time and the time of others.
Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Equipment Selection — determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Management of Material Resources — Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Fluency of Ideas — The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
International Logistics, Distribution Logistics, Logistics Management