- The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations.
- Developing measures to assure personnel safety.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of Site Safety and Health Plan (SSHP).
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Promotes safe practices at the job site.
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
- Establishes safety standards and policies as needed.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
Safety, Risk Assessment, Fire Safety Management, Safety Engineering, Industrial Safety, Safety Administration, NEBOSH