1. Visit business areas and premises to inspect processes and procedures and ensure good health and safety practice.
2. Investigate accidents and complaints and determine if there has been a breach of health and safety regulations.
3. Carry out examinations of machinery, working environments and structures, taking measurements of noise, heat, and vibrations, and taking photographs and samples where necessary.
4. Ensure workers are provided with suitable protective equipment, such as eye goggles, ear protectors or appropriate types of gloves and clothing.
5. Investigate precautions taken to prevent work diseases.
6. Investigate procedures for working in hazardous environments or with potentially harmful substances.
7. Keep up to date with new legislation and health and safety standards.
8. Provide advice and information on health and safety and advice on changes required.
9. Write reports on results of inspections and investigations and complete detailed paperwork.
10. Suggest methods to predict possible hazards drawn from experience, historical data and other appropriate information sources\\
11. Provide orientation on safety regulations to new employees
IOSH, Safety Administration, OSHA Certified, Industrial Safety, Sensation & Perception, Fire Safety Management